Terms & Conditions
Grant Donations Terms & Conditions
Your donation to BCBN’s Grant Initiative will enable us to distribute grant awards to community initiatives across the UK that are able to demonstrate the positive impact they have on the community. We operate a 100% donation policy for our Grant Initiative, every penny you donate will be awarded to the community projects we support and empower. BCBN does not profit from you Grant Donation, all our expenses and admin fees are covered by the Board of Trustees. BCBN’s role in supporting grant awards is in financial support, awareness and empowerment, we do not deliver any of the projects ourselves. Please read our Grant criteria for grant exclusions. BCBN operates a policy of transparency, all previous grant awards made, project over view, amount awarded are presented on our website, Grant Initiative section
Grant Awards Terms & Conditions
In signing our terms and conditions for the cheque award to be issued, you accept that the activities supported/ funded by the benefactor are not regarded as our own charity projects. BCBN is are not regarded as the employer or delivery partner, but as a benefactor awarding a grant sum for the activities stated in your original application form. No material changes to the funded activities/project will be made without the prior written agreement of BCBN. BCBN will be informed, in writing, of any proposed changes relating to the funded activities as soon as the changes are known. BCBN reserves the right to withhold a grant or require repayment if it finds that any form of deliberately false or misleading information was provided to BCBN. If you are offered and accept a grant from BCBN, it will be on the understanding that you have agreed the following general terms and conditions:
1) BCBN may wish to visit to see the activities/work funded by the grant. BCBN may wish to take photographs for marketing purposes.
2) Receipt of the grant will be acknowledged by you and confirmation made by letter that the money has or will be spent on the purpose approved by BCBN. Evidence to be provided through receipts, photographs etc. as appropriate.
3) You agree that we may publicise the grant and use any of your own material in doing so.
4) Upon spending the grant amount and realising the benefits at an appropriate time, the grant recipient will compile a short report and submit to BCBN. A template for this report is available here.
5) BCBN and the Grant Recipient will look to explore partnership opportunities as appropriate. We will look to do this as part of an initial meeting between BCBN and the Grant Recipient.
6) You will include reference to BCBN and what award is used for on at least one occasion as part of your regular marketing initiatives. This may be in form of a newsletter, email campaign and web publications. Any reference to BCBN will need to be agreed by BCBN prior to publication. Material requiring approval must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the deadline for which permission is required.
7) No material changes to the funding activities/project will be made without the written agreement of BCBN.
8) BCBN will be informed, in writing, of any proposed changes relating to grant expenditure as soon as it happens.
9) You will keep a financial record of the spending of the grant and retain a copy of any appropriate invoices and receipts, and submit these to BCBN on conclusion.
10) Any part of the grant that is not required for the purpose approved or has not commenced within six months of the grant being awarded (unless formally agreed otherwise) will be refunded to BCBN.
11) BCBN reserves the right to withhold a grant or require repayment if it finds that any form of deliberately false or misleading information was provided to BCBN.
12) BCBN reserves the right to withhold a grant or require repayment if the applicant becomes insolvent or goes into administration, receivership or liquidation, and if the grant has not already been spent on its intended purpose.
13) Any assets of value purchased with the aid of a grant should be retained and used for the agreed purpose. If used for another purpose or disposed of, this must be reported to BCBN who reserve the right to require repayment of the value of the asset or the transfer of it to another beneficiary.
14) In accepting the grant you acknowledge and accept that those supported by the grant are not regarded as being employed by us and that we accept no responsibility as employer.
15) You will indemnify us or procure an indemnity against any liability arising from any claim made against us in connection with or arising from our grant.
16) Regular updates must be provided for the use of our donors during the period in which BCBN has supported the running of the project (frequency of updates to be agreed prior to grant being awarded).
Receipt of the awarded amount will be acknowledged by the recipient and confirmation made by the signatories of the Memorandum of Understanding issued by BCBN.